Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's been busy...

I've been a neglectful blogger lately. It's been busy! I'm not used to being so busy. I come from a family that values its leisure time, so the go-go-go vibe is difficult for me.

I think there is a happy medium, as with most things. Too busy and overworked, you get burnt out and lose yourself and end up neglecting relationships. You end up missing things.

Too lackadaisical and you turn into a person who can't handle the minor stresses of life and rarely achieves anything major. This is my theory, at least... and striking a balance can be hard. I think most of us are wired one way or the other.

Just from the past few weeks - I know exactly what a decapitated chicken feels like.

"I'm running out of time and I don't know where to run next!!!"

A couple weeks back I crafted until the wee hours of the morning to get orders together for this store, and then this store. One right after the other. And that first one just called and needs more because she's sold out! That's a happy problem, no?

And then Justin & I stayed up late one night, working together to upholster a chair. You can see more of the chair on my Lark & Lola blog here.
And then up until 2am another night last week, making a certain 1 year old's birthday cake. Whew. This was especially hectic, finding out I had to add another tier just hours before I needed it done! {Happy Birthday Miss Mara!} See more here.
And in the pressure to get the home looking good for guests, we tried to spruce up the porch. That meant another late night painting this bench we made, and turning my antique Ball jars into hanging vases. I still have more plans for the porch...
Today, Mother's Day, I hosted a lovely party with lovely guests and it was just a lovely time. In my humble opinion. ;-) Of course with parties I throw I always end up thinking about all the things I didn't get done. That's bad, though. I wanted to create a lovely atmosphere for the ladies in my life and I think it turned out pretty well. See more here.
I am not complaining about being so busy! I'm so fortunate, that if I must be busy, I'm busy for things that I love. Party planning, arts, decorating, crafting.

If I'm going to put down my pretty magazines, if I'm going to give up my "Oprah Hour" {aka naptime} to work, if I'm going to deprive myself of sleep - at least it's all for that which I love.

1 comment:

  1. Heather, The party was FABULOUS! I know that a wonderful time was had by all--you really know how to throw a party!!! The food was fantastic and the ambience was DELIGHTFUL!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!! It was the best Mother's Day EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete