Friday, February 12, 2010

Moving


We're moving.

This is why I haven't posted much lately. Moving, quite frankly, is a horrible chore I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Simply put, I hate it.

That said, I'm very excited we're moving to a home in a lovely area with a white picket fence, a big yard, a room for Eisley, a craft room for me, and 3 parks within 1/4 mile. Did I mention it's also 3 miles to work for Justin?

Nice.

We've been very blessed to have a cozy home to stay in for the last 6 months, but now it's time to move. It's a fresh start.

We've been looking for a good home for a while now...

One house we looked at we really didn't like. It was right off Alameda. Not the best location for youngsters.

The Realtor showing it to us, upon hearing we currently live 50 miles away in Kiowa {a TINY town to the southeast}, turned to me and said - rather condescendingly if I might add:

"And are you going to be ok with this? Moving to the big city?"

My feathers were officially ruffled.

"Actually I grew up in this area." I replied.

"...Oh."

Justin later told me - as we laughed about this - that I sounded sort of snotty.

I didn't care, she was talking down to me. Even if I was a "country bumpkin", where does she get off talking to me like I'm a small minded simpleton just because she thought I came from a rural area?

There are lots of lovely things about small towns like Kiowa:

No registered sex offenders.
People drive politely.
Zero crime.
500 trillion more stars to see at night.

Still, I am a city girl at heart. I welcome the nearby highway noise, the close quarters with neighbors, and busy streets. I find it comforting to be around people, I don't feel so alone in the world. To each his own, right?

So now we're moving back to the very neighborhoods I grew up in and I'm very excited to be unpacked and settled in.

Signing off for a few days! I'll be back with pictures of my newly painted furniture...


No comments:

Post a Comment