Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1/4 Way Through!

I'm 10 weeks pregnant now, which also means I'm about a quarter way through - both scary and exciting.

I'm also starting to feel more like my old self again. Morning sickness seems to be a thing of the past, and I'm finally beginning to have my energy level back up. The pros of pregnancy have even started to show a tiny bit: my nails are longer and stronger than they've ever been! I've always hated my short, stubby, bendy, brittle, peeling, floppy, ugly fingernails. Now I keep looking at them in admiration, lol.

My hormones are obviously out of whack though. I'm more short tempered and cross with people (sorry if you've been victimized!) and I get teary very easily, which I detest. I'm losing patience with the advice everyone seems to offer up without solicitation. One of my most recent and ridiculous snipits of advice was, "Hope for a boy because they cost less and you can hold them back from kindegarten another year since he'll be born in August. That way he won't be the youngest. But if it's a girl, go ahead and start her when she's five so that she's not self conscious of her breasts when she hits puberty."
Um.... okay....

That one came from a very chatty mother of one of my clients last week. I found her obnoxious and made a mental note to be more choosy with which clients I tell about my pregnancy.

So, things are looking up, except for my moodiness. But unlike morning sickness, that's something everyone else has to suffer from more than I. :) Hehe... (oh let a pregnant woman have her fun)

Second trimester, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment