Thursday, August 21, 2008

2 weeks!


Tomorrow marks two weeks since Eisley was brought into the world! I can't believe she's already two weeks old and she even looks different to me. :-( Stop growing Eisley!

Eisley is still a big sleeper, but we've also fallen victim to what my sister tells me is "The Granny Hour". As good as she is 99% of the day, every night around 10-11pm she starts fussing for about 1 to 1.5 hours. We go through the list (feed, change, burp, gas, cold, hot?) but we can't find anything to soothe her so we just wait it out until she falls asleep. But for her to do this only once a day for that little time isn't so bad, I supposed. I'm glad she's not colicky (yet).

I got on the scale a few days ago to see where my postpartum weight loss was at. Pleasantly surprised to see I'd already lost 15 lbs (about half of that was Eisley and her placenta I guess). This morning I got on again to see if I'd made any progress towards that last 5 of pregnancy weight - as I'd gained 20 lbs total at the end there. This time I was shocked... I've lost 30 lbs since giving birth two weeks ago! I had to get off the scale, make sure it was adjusted right, get back on. Yep. 30 lbs. That's more than I had gained! I was hoping breastfeeding might speed up the weight loss, like they say can happen (who are they?) but this exceeded my expectations! Hopefully it will keep coming... or going.

How I lost another 15 lbs in just a few days is beyond me, but I'm not complaining!


No comments:

Post a Comment