Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miss California: my new hero



I'm not trying to start a debate here, but I just have to say, Miss California is my new hero. She stuck to her guns under HUGE pressure. I think it was incredibly unfair to give the poor girl a completely loaded questions - no matter which way she answered she would have upset people. This is a touchy topic in this country right now.

My opinion - I don't care whether two gay men living together are able to get the same tax and social benefits as my husband and I. However, to me marriage is a religious sacrament that I believe God intended to be between a man and woman only.

Finally, I adore the level of class and poise she exhibited. Whether you agree with her or not you have to admit she made her opinion known in a much more respectful way than Mr. CRASS P. Hilton who just offended millions of women by using the "c" word. For shame!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you H. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman and really, I don't think that question was all that appropriate for live television. AND I don't think you need to agree with gay marriage to be Miss America. Annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!!! You and I hadn't ever discussed this and yet that's almost EXACTLY what I said to a couple of co-workers the other day.
    To say it took a lot of guts on her part is a tremendous understatement, and I am so very impressed that she had the nerve to stand up for what she believes and not succumb to the pressure to be politically correct and "sell her soul" for a beauty queen title.
    And.......SHAME on Perez Hilton for intentionally setting her up like that just to further his own agenda!

    ReplyDelete