Saturday, July 12, 2008

TMJ?!

So the last few days have been uncomfortable in a whole new way... I keep clenching my jaw. I do it during the night too, while I'm sleeping. Now my jaw is sore and my teeth can't close all the way. Sounds a lot like TMJ doesn't it? Something I've never dealt with before...

But out of curiosity, because why would this just start out of no where, I Googled "tmj pregnancy". I was shocked at everything that came up in the search! Apparently, some sort of pregnancy induced TMJ in the last trimester is somewhat common. I even found they're doing a study to figure out exactly what causes it in pregnant women. Although I have a feeling it might be stress related, due to my roller-coaster of a life lately.

Weird huh? I hope this one goes away soon. It's a pain in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment